New Year Resolutions

1. Work harder at university
Since starting university I have lost my passion a little bit for textiles, and I think it's because I've been so distracted with settling down, making friends etc. I need to get back into working hard, reading design magazines and drawing and creating in my spare time, which I haven't done in a while.


2. Be more positive
And don't worry so much! I love Diana's idea of writing down 5 things that have made me happy that day every night before going to bed. I think it would be so nice to read back through when I need cheering up, and help me to appreciate the little things.

3. Eat more healthily
This is a usual on most people's (including mine) New Year Resolution lists. Yet now I'm cooking for myself instead of eating my mum's healthy meals all the time, I need to make more of an effort. I want to make more vegetable soups for meals, eat more salads and snack on fruit instead of chocolate.


4. Organise a job in the summer
Preferably nannying. I did this last summer for 5 weeks and it was fun and paid well! And maybe get some work experience if possible

5. Take more photographs
When starting a new project, I often trawl through my photographs looking for inspiration or things to draw. If I had more, this would be easier!


6. Visit friends at uni or have friends come to stay at least once a month
I was awful at doing this in the first term. I guess it was harder when I was trying to settle in, but there are no excuses now! And I realised how much I had missed them when I saw them in London this Christmas. I just need to get booking those train tickets...

7. Read more
Kind of self-explanatory. And stay away from Gossip Girl and Shopaholic books.

8. Get enough sleep
At uni I get homesick when I'm tired, so I need early nights as much as possible. Basically any time before midnight!

What are your New Year resolutions? xxxx

Click on the stars below the pictures for sources

11 comments:

  1. Those are great resolutions to keep! Good luck with them, have a good year! ♡ I have far too many resolutions, but plan on writing them all at the beginning of my planner so I have them right there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well yours are basically exactly what i need to do this new year! good luck, and lovely pictures
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the resolutions and your blog! Wish you could blog more often, hihi.
    I'm a bit interested in what you study and where?

    Hugs Maria!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your resolutions (: I've gone with goals this year - and lots of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! :) Too bad i write my posts in Swedish, i tried to write in English for a while but it didn't feel so good in some way. But i love to read blogs in English because my education is in that so it's good to keep it up :) So your school is in London? I reallyyy, want to study something with textile, but i have no idea where to start. It's a big jungle with everything out there!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like some good resolutions youve got there:-) btw, what uni are you at?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your pictures!! So cute!
    xxo,
    Rylie from www.rylierenee.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year!

    I watched it online on : www.letbobwatchthis.com .... I will be going to see it again at the cinemas at the end of the month though, it was so beautiful

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely need to start taking more photographs! I used to be insane with my cameras and looking back over the last year, I've hardly any snaps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really really need to eat more healthy. Thanks for reminding me. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the picture with the camera. It's beautiful !

    ReplyDelete

 

© a rowan tree All rights reserved . Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

UA-50142786-1